Foundationally grounded in the understanding that coaching is a disciplined practice, this 12-week ICF approved* course drills down into the 11 Core Competencies as outlined by the ICF. This coach specific training earns participants 24 Continuing Coach Education Units (CCEU's) with the International Coach Federation under the category of Core Competencies. Through weekly, live, 2-hour teleclasses, the course will examine each of the 11 Core Competencies in depth, and include live demos, skill-drills and rich feedback during live coach-the-coach sessions. This gives participants the opportunity to listen to, experience and practice how to masterfully attend to the 11 Core Competencies and coach masterfully in every client session.
This course provides opportunities for every participant to coach "student-clients" through real-life challenges - all under the guidance of an experienced Mentor Coach. Detailed instruction and feedback that weaves together elements of the ICF 11 Core Competencies with specific coaching mastery skills will support all participants to attain new depths and perspectives that will increase the dynamic capability of their own coaching businesses and professional growth.
What is Mastery and Why Is It Important?
We believe that Coaching Mastery requires being able to sit in the presence of clients, listen deeply and elegantly and construct and deliver powerful questions that proved the context for clients to engage in the serious business of change.
We believe that achieving mastery is the goal for every consummate, professional coach for every skill-set they use every day.
Certification training teaches a broad curriculum. If we were to measure it, certification training would be "a mile wide and an inch deep." This approach, while valuable and sufficient for certified coaches to deliver value to their clients does not allow them the time or practice to fully master each element of the skill-set.
If we were to measure mastery training, mastery would be “an inch wide and a mile deep.”
One of the main differences between Certification Training and Mastery Training is that Mastery Training requires coaches to master each concept and component of the basic coaching skill-set before moving ahead to the next.
Why Become a Masterful Coach?
The easy answer is that you will…
- Provide tremendous value to your clients
- Be a valued referral resource to past clients, current clients, business associates and other professionals
- Be in demand, earn higher fees and be more financially successful
Here is Some of What You Will Learn in This Mastery Training:
- How to deliver the pre-qualifying, qualifying and enrolling conversations so you only enroll your ideal clients into your coaching business
- Create the “Container for Dynamic Change” with each and every client regardless of the client’s issues or challenges
- Practice and master ending each coaching session when the work is complete even if half the session might be left on the clock. The session is over when the work is complete NOT because the clock says time to end.
- Become a good observer of Powerful Questions that serve to fix, solve or resolve (one of the essential distinctions between basic and masterful coaching) and STOP asking them!
- How to construct Powerful Questions based on massive curiosity, and then support clients through personal exploration to deepen their self-knowledge, bust their family mythology, challenge their long-held beliefs and expose their limiting thinking in an indirect, deeply respectful and honoring way.
- Deep and Elegant listening is an essential life, relationship and coaching skill. Learn to listen TO what the client is saying; FOR what the client is saying; and be WITH the client.
- Sometimes It Is What It Is: Learn to coach positive change when no change (in the situation) is possible
- Construct Powerful Questions without Imbedded Bias, Expectations or Assumptions and with Imbedded Pre-suppositions.
In addition to the ICF 11 Core Competencies and live Coach-the-Coach sessions, Group Coaching will be introduced and explored as a legitimate business model and a lucrative addition to your mix of coaching services already offered to your clients, plus opportunities to practice Group Coaching Facilitation skills.
Your Expert Guide
JACKIE BLACK, PH.D., BCC is an internationally recognized Relationship Expert, Educator, Author and Coach; and an experienced Mentor Coach and Trainer. Jackie was named by COSMO as one of their “most beloved international love gurus.” She has a unique combination of academic expertise and training along with extensive business and life experience. Her business career includes more than 15 years in corporate settings, with key positions in marketing for a General Mills subsidiary and in the management of Los Angeles-area high-rise office buildings. Early in her corporate career she earned a Certificate in Management Effectiveness (CME) from the University of Southern California, Graduate School of Business. Later, she returned to school to earn a Ph.D. in psychology.
Over a period of several years, Dr. Jackie started her counseling practice and left the corporate world. A number of years later she transitioned out of counseling into Coaching, first being certified by CTA, then studying at ILCT (International Life Coach Training) and completing advanced studies in relationship coaching at the Relationship Coaching Institute. Dr. Jackie’s relationship coaching business rapidly grew to include clients from throughout the United States and around the world. Dr. Jackie sends her monthly Relationship Tip Sheet to men and women in over 38 countries. She serves mentor coaching and relationship coaching clients from all over the world. In addition to providing mentor coaching services to a limited number of clients every year through her Mentor Coaching Center, Dr. Jackie is a mentor coach and trainer at Coach Training Alliance, one of the top coach training schools in the world and her Alma Mater.
In addition being a Mentor Coach and Trainer at Coach Training Alliance, one of the top coach training schools in the world and her alma mater, Dr. Jackie provides mentor coaching services to a limited number of clients every year through her Mentor Coaching Center (www.MentorCoachingCenter.com). Dr. Jackie is the former President of BuildingYourIdealPractice.com and the former Director of Practice Development for the Relationship Coaching Institute, where she provided training and support to entrepreneurs and sole practitioners in building their private practices.
Dr. Jackie’s third book –Love Like a Black Belt: Cracking the code to being a happy couple is anticipated to be released in the Fall of 2012.
Who Is This Program For?
This 24-hour coaching mastery training course is designed for experienced coaches who recognize the value and powerful benefits of deepening their coaching skill-set and taking their skills to the next level in depth, capability and results. Challenge yourself and shift your coaching further by working in this safe dynamic environment with other experienced coaches - this is co-creative at its very best!
This course also supports certified coaches working to fulfill the 2012 ICF Eligibility Requirement for Additional Coach Training.
Prerequisite: This is a graduate level program. All participants must be graduates of an accredited Coach Training Organization and have an active coaching business. In special circumstances, permission to enroll in the program can be granted by Dr. Jackie Black.
Deep and Dynamic Coaching
Mastery Training *
Please note: If you have already completed the Application for Admission and received your approval, click here to enroll.