Core Coaching for Effective Change™
Intention, Awareness, Compassion, Acceptance and Growth
The familiar guiding principles which take us through our yoga practice can be effectively used outside the studio to empower, support and encourage others. You can also use this training to build a career as a Yoga Coach.
Taking Yoga Off the Mat and into Life™ will use your experience with yoga (as student or teacher) to intuitively connect with your ability to coach others. This course will draw upon your yoga training and develop your ability to create on-going collaborative partnerships.
These skills can be used in your:
- Personal Life - understand how to actively support others
- Professional Life - build competency, motivate employees and engage co-workers
- Non-Profit or Volunteer Work - build skills that allow you to contribute to groups and organizations in a meaningful way
- Expand Your Career - become a professional coach and increase your income
- Yoga Practice - acquire lifelong skills which directly and powerfully impact your yoga practice
Learn how to guide people through key transitions and personal breakthroughs
Enroll now! These are 12 weeks which will change your life.
In 12 rewarding and fulfilling weeks you will become a Certified Core Coach and learn how to guide people through key transitions and personal breakthroughs. Position yourself to create growth and alignment in your personal life and support others as they strive towards their highest and most authentic selves.
Classes are conducted via live-teleclass and are highly interactive. You will learn solid and effective core coaching skills and practice newly developed coaching strategies. Learn how to choreograph conversations that make on-going collaborative partnership possible. As a core coach, you will develop your ability to help clients, coworkers, friends and family members begin:
- Doing more than they would on their own
- Taking themselves more seriously
- Creating momentum and consistency
- Taking more effective and focused actions
- Becoming more balanced and fulfilled
Like yoga, coaching is a heartfelt path aligned with personal growth, self-inquiry, community and lifting others. Its recent mainstream acceptance and application has increased rapidly, as people have witnessed the immense value it can provide. The coaching relationship is one fundamentally based on trust, clear intention and the opportunity to make the most out of the blessings life affords. The unique set of skills that this course offers will open the window into an expansive world of possible applications.
As a yogi (student or teacher) you already know how to support individual and collective consciousness. Taking Yoga Off the Mat and into Life™ will develop your intuitive ability to guide yourself and your new clients through personal and professional challenges. Do you want to help others tap into their own internal wisdom and achieve their goals?
You may call upon your evolved abilities during interactions with co-workers, clients, family members, friendships or you may decide to pursue a stand-alone career as a coach. Because of the strong parallels which both coaching and yoga share, these skills will also enhance your yoga experience as a student and teacher.
Developed specifically to be integrated into the practice and leadership role of the yogi, this offering of Core Coaching for Effective Change™ is based on the successful training and launching of thousands of coaching careers over the last decade by ICF Approved Coach Training Alliance. You will learn incredible amounts about the process of human change, the neuroscience behind change in the human experience and specific skills to help others as they grow their lives and you grow your practice.
The Five Major Sections of Your Training
We will focus on five major areas to help you integrate existing experience and skills with your evolving expertise as a yogi and Mentor Coach. They are aligned in an intelligent, sequential order which will accelerate your progress.
This comprehensive 12 week course will include the following coursework and supported learning activities. Click on each item for more detailed information:
- The unique body of knowledge, skill set, and application of Mentor Coaching
- The Art and Science of coaching conversations
- The distinction of coaching from therapy, counseling, and consulting
- The unique perspective of Mentor Coaching as a catalyst for change
- The context of Mentor Coaching
- The development of the unique mindset of Mentor Coaching
- Fundamental internal perspectives and skills of being a coach
- Co-creating the context, relationship, and conversation
- The location and conversations that bring significant value
- Understanding story development and the principles of change
- Developing your unique voice as a Mentor Coach
- Powerful questions and effective tools of coaching
- The basic Mentor Coaching model
- Strategic goal pursuit and fulfilling the client’s agenda
- Coaching interactions and decision clarification
- The role of the mind and brain in change and in creating a new story
- The psychology and neuroscience of change principles and choice architecture
- Facilitation of change and dynamic coaching
- Mentoring change and navigating transitions
- New learning and strategies to deal with change
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Action and growth plans for achieving goals
- Elements of mentoring a successful change
- Principles of sustaining and internalizing growth
CTA incorporates the Core Coaching for Effective Change™ Workbook as a major part of your learning. In addition to the reading, your instructor will lead you through a highly interactive class. Classes are taught in an intimate setting of 12 participants, providing the individualized attention, focus and security for true learning to be practiced. In this class you will discover sage, kind and challenging teaching nestled within a community of other lifelong learners. This environment will fuel your experience, inspire your reach and afford your own personal growth as you nurture your coaching skills. Your journey as a guide will be elevated through the marriage of the ancient knowledge of yoga with the latest in neuroscience.
What to Expect
We firmly believe learning does not take place in a box called a classroom or in a hotel conference room. We learn more, we learn better, and we learn faster by doing and by being actively involved. Learning flourishes in real-world contexts that are out-of-the-box. Join our community of trained and certified coaches.
Self-study, 1 to 2 hours per week
- Active participation in Group Mentoring sessions
- Satisfactory participation in Coach the Coach sessions
- Reading and implementation of the Core Coaching for Effective Change Workbook as assigned in the Syllabus
- Completion of -at least- 80% of the assignments listed in the Syllabus
- Completion of a minimum of 10 sample sessions
- Passing the Written Exam and Final Critique Coaching
The Certified Core Coach Program is certified as 24 hours of Approved Coach Specific Training Hours by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
The Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) designation is awarded to programs that meet professional standards for coach training programs established by the ICF. Graduation from an ACSTH program will meet the ICF's requirements for individual coach certification for student contact learning hours for the number of hours of the program. ACSTH approval does not warrant or guarantee the effectiveness of the training or the student's ability to build a successful coaching practice. The individual applicant must take the ICF’s portfolio exam to obtain their credential.
The International Coach Federation and Coach Training Alliance adhere to a form of coaching that honors the client as the expert in his/her life and work, believes that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
View the full ICF Code of Ethics.
Program Investment (all inclusive)
$1448 plus S/H ($1,299 USD plus $149 for the Workbook)
Full tuition payment includes everything you need to graduate and become certified. There are no hidden charges, no extra fees for testing or certification, no cost for additional books or course software beyond the workbook. It's all included.
Payment Plan Options
2 Payment Plan – You will be charged two payments of $750.00. The first payment is due upon registration. The second payment is due 30 days after your class begins. Shipping for the workbook will be charged with your first payment.
3 Payment Plan – You will be charged three payments of $500.00. The first payment is due upon registration. The second payment is due 30 days after your class begins. The final payment is due 60 days after your class begins. Shipping for the workbook will be charged with your first payment.
6 Payment Plan – You will be charged 6 payments of $250.00. The first payment is due upon registration. The remaining payments are due 30, 60, 90, 120 and 150 days after your class begins. Shipping for the workbook will be charged with your first payment.
Class size is limited to 12 participants. Reserve your spot today.
Taking Yoga Off the Mat and Into Life™
Thursdays, April 25 - July 18
You may cancel your registration if the request is received at least 14 days before the course begins. If you cancel at least 14 days prior to the course start date, we'll refund the tuition paid minus a $500 registration fee. Requests must be made in writing, postmarked and mailed to:
Coach Training Alliance
217 West Olive Street
Ft Collins, CO 80521